From application to funding, our investment process generally takes about 12 weeks. Steps in the process include several pitch presentations and then a four to six week due diligence process. Our due diligence includes a close examination of the company, team, products or services, and customers. If initial due diligence is favorable, we will negotiate a term sheet while completing the due diligence process. Our final step prior to funding is the legal and accounting diligence necessary to document the investment.
All companies that wish to be considered for PinOak funding must complete an application.
In the application, you will be asked to describe these facets of your business:
- Your elevator pitch – who you are, what you do, for whom and at what price,
- Market opportunity,
- The problem you are solving,
- Your solution – product or service,
- Size of the market,
- Target clients and business model,
- Go-to-market strategy
- Complete competitive landscape and advantage,
- Barriers to entry,
- The management team,
- Hiring plan,
- Financial summary, including last year’s P & L and 3-year projections,
- History of funding to date,
- Funding needs for this round and use of funds,
- Pre-money valuation, and
- Milestones you expect to achieve.
PinOak charges a non-refundable $100 fee to review and consider your application. When your application is submitted, it will usually be reviewed within two weeks. All applicants receive a reply and many will be asked to attend a screening meeting in Easton, MD.
The application process is the same for investments from the Pin Oak Investors network and the PinOak Partners investment fund. Entrepreneurs need only apply once.
Certain categories do not meet our investment criteria and thus will not be funded by PinOak. These include real estate projects, television or radio programs, film, theater or art productions.
Also note that Pin Oak will not fund companies that are represented by brokers of any kind.